Monday, January 20, 2014

Now, I'm Excited!

So, these are the things that I'm excited about...


...now that I am a mom!

Things change when you have children. Things that you didn't use to care too much about or you just never thought about suddenly turn into magical moments or magical holidays or whatever it is you are excited about now that you have kids. It's great! So here is what is so exciting to me now.

1. Christmas.

Yes, I have always loved Christmas, but now I am planning in advanced as soon as Christmas is over for the next one. I love to imagine my two boys opening their presents in the years to come, playing Santa, stuffing stockings, eating cookies (who isn't excited about that?) and just enjoying the holiday spirit a little more each year now that you have faces to watch light up in the morning each year. And of course, sharing the Nativity story has a whole new meaning to it. I get to share with them the wonderful happening of Jesus' birth, and to let them know Christmas is more than just gifts and well, for me at least, insane amounts of candy and food.

2. Grocery shopping, or any shopping.

I have never been a shopper. But now I find myself cutting coupons and looking for deals and getting super ecstatic about 2 for 1 buys or half off buys. Butter is 2/$6? SCORE! kind of thing. I love standing in line and lining all my stuff up and just watching it proudly go up the conveyor belt. I love taking my toddler with me and watching him name all the foods and eat his cookie he gets from the deli. I might be totally weird for this buy hey, at least I enjoy my shopping!

3. Washing dishes.

I love it. I have no idea why, but I get a sense of accomplishment when I see all those clean dishes in the drying rack waiting for me to put them up. A clean apartment in general is what I aim for, and at the end of the day when I can muster up the strength the tackle it, I get really excited when I'm done.

4. Birthdays.

Birthdays were fun for me until about 17. Then I stopped having parties and then they just became an excuse to go a little crazy and have some fun for a night or two, then move on. But now that I get to plan birthday parties for my sons, I am so excited! I've got one coming up in about a month, and I have to get to it. They are both something to look forward to, and also to dread. Because it means they are growing up, all too fast.

5. Baths.

Oh man, I love baths. When the two are down for the night, I know I can just slip into my porcelain (hey I can pretend) bath tub and just sit in there and read, or check Facebook, or read my magazines in total and complete peace and warmth. It's my sanctuary of sanity. I love it.

6. Dates with the Hubs.

I never realized how exciting it is to go out with your man until you have NO TIME to do it! So now that I have only once a week, or less, to get alone time with my Hubs, I treasure it. Last night, we got to go out and play some pool. I looked forward to that night all week! And now that it's over, I get to plan the next one. So exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment