Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Cold, maybe?

OH, THE SNOT!

Seriously. Gross, son. I just saw a huge yellow drop of snot get wiped onto his forehead while I tried changing the poor thing's diaper. I think Isaac might be getting a cold. Might being the main word here.

He goes through these spells of allergies occasionally, and every time it still makes my heart race, and I have the same conversation on the phone with the poor on-call pediatrician at three thirty in the morning.

"Hello, is this Quinlyn Grush?"

"Yes, my name is Quinlyn. And my son is hacking up snot and screaming and holding his breath and he looks kind of pale and then if you put him into another light he looks red and if you hold him up against a window he turns pale again, and his temperature was 99.7 five minutes ago but an hour ago it was 99.4 so I would say that is a significant increase. And he makes this awful 'Eeeehhhhhhhhwheeee' sound when I put him back into the crib, and shakes his fists around and starts crying. But it sound more high pitched, but then gets all moany.  And I am pretty sure I saw him swallow the same air as this guy smoking about a week ago..."

"Ok. Now could you leave a message for the nurse stating what is the matter with your child?"

And so it goes. So I am sure tonight will be no different.


No comments:

Post a Comment