Monday, March 11, 2013

Catching Up...

WHERE HAVE I BEEN???


So I just realized that I made this blog a long, long time ago. It's funny because I just spent about $15 on a new blog, which I also planned on using (but knew I wouldn't) to blog in. So I guess I will catch everyone on up with my life thus far...

So Isaac turned the big ONE on February 28th. He missed leap year by about fifty one minutes. I wanted to hold him in, you know, make him special and have a leap year birthday, meaning he would be forever young as Rod Stewart would have wanted him to have been, but the OB's scalpel was a little bit more persuasive. 

So we had the fancy-smancy birthday soiree at my grandmother's house. (You would not believe how much she charged me to rent) and it went over extremely well. As well as it can go when the father of your child rips open a gift more excitably than the birthday boy, thus jamming his elbow into said birthday boy's face, ending in a fit of tears that lasted the rest of the two hours of the birthday party.

Lots of gifts were given, including diapers, wipes, books, toys, and one very special gift, a book of fairy tales written by my older sister. Did she tell anyone she was writing a one hundred or more page book? Nope.  It ain't no thang. She does what she wants!

But seriously, it put me in tears, making my guests feel seemingly more awkward than when Isaac, the birthday boy, was crying, and no one put me over their shoulder and patted my bum to make me feel better. Oh well, I did it to myself later.

So the cake was, shall I say, the best cake ever made. Me and my sister (the unknown author) made our attempt at making a Yo Gabba Gabba cake. And let me tell you, I have never seen such artistry. 


And being the wonderful mother I am, I have no pictures documenting this party. So when I tell Isaac about it when he is older, there will be included a special appearance of Justin Bieber, a few ponies given out, and of course only the finest catering known to man. 

But, I do have some beautiful pictures of my sweet baby on Valentines day.


And my two babies' reaction to what we call "snow" in South Carolina.


No comments:

Post a Comment